Supply chain consultant
Raymond L. Davis recently retired from EnPro industries where he held the Vice President, Supply Chain position since February 2018. Mr. Davis previously served as Chief Procurement Officer until January 2012, after having previously served as Director - Supply Chain since May 2002. Mr. Davis joined EnPro at the start of the company’s spin-off from Goodrich. Mr. Davis was Director - Supply Chain for Goodrich Engineered Industrial Products from 1999 to 2002. Prior to Coltec Industries’ merger with Goodrich, Mr. Davis held positions of increasing general management responsibility within Coltec Industries from 1985 to 1999, including its Garlock Sealing Technologies and Delavan Spray Technologies divisions. Ray is a graduate of Iona College, New Rochelle, NY with a BBA in Management with concentrations in operations and economics.
During Ray’s time at EnPro, he led the Supply Chain team through many accomplishments including most notably:
· Developed a high functioning EnPro-wide Supply Chain community, based on a best-in-class Management Operating System to manage EnPro addressable spend globally; encompassing tools such as spend analysis, supplier risk management, supplier performance metrics, category sourcing teams, supply chain self-assessment and continuous improvement tools.
· Along with the EnPro team created the SC (Supply Chain) Capability Playbook with a sound foundation to apply "Should Cost Tools and Analysis, Negotiating Skills and Contract Management - A Source to Contract Method”.
· Through Procurement Capability Building, contributed annual savings of 3-6% of addressable spend and margin improvement throughout his EnPro tenure.
· Created a Supply Chain Leadership Development program at EnPro, bringing in new talent of SC university graduates since 2005 to develop future Supply Chain leaders internally.
· Built out EnPro Best Cost sourcing offices in China and Slovakia to support businesses in those regions, as well as EnPro global sourcing initiatives.